The applications are now closed.
Start-up Business of the Year
Awarded to the business, that has started trading since January 2020 and which has demonstrated sustainability and can evidence further growth potential. The business can show success in several areas including:
- Potential for growth and job creation
- Proven track record in sales
- Clear and focused approach to growth
- Clearly identified target market
- Shown good customer focus
Independent Business of the Year
This award recognizes a business with 20 or fewer employees, including the owner. The company should have been operational for two or more years and has demonstrated professional integrity, excellence in customer service, success through innovation and a commitment to the community.
Customer Service Award
This category recognises one of the key criteria for any successful business, how they interact with the people who buy their products and services. Nominations or support from entrants in this category will need to show evidence of customer feedback and these might be contacted and checked to confirm that they are genuine as part of the judging process.
Tourism and Hospitality Business of the Year
This award will be given to the business which has demonstrated outstanding growth and achievements in the tourism and hospitality sector attracting visitors or investment into the district since January 2022.
Apprentice / Young Businessperson of the Year
This category seeks to recognise the commitment and enthusiasm of new entrants to the workplace.
It is open to apprentices who live in Lichfield District (irrespective of the base of their employer) or work within Lichfield District. Nominees will need to demonstrate commitment and an ability to learn and take on additional responsibilities. Nominations can come from apprentices themselves or a colleague, friend or family member and is open to apprentices of all ages and young people up to 30 years of age.
Employer of the Year
This category recognises organisations which go out of their way to engage, nurture and retain their employees, and celebrates the range of initiatives that properly value and reward the personal and professional attributes and abilities of all team members.
The Lichfield and Tamworth Chamber of Commerce have kindly sponsored the Employer of the Year award.
Large Business of the Year
This award recognises a business with 51+ employees.
The company should be able to demonstrate professional integrity, excellence in customer service, success through innovation and a commitment to the community.
Small Business of the Year
Best Sustainable Business
The purpose of this award is to reward excellence in on-site environmental and sustainability practices. This award recognizes businesses or individuals who are dedicated to sustainable growth and shows how they contribute to the solution to the climate crisis.
Entrepreneur of the Year
This category aims to celebrate the work of successful entrepreneurs who either live in Lichfield District (irrespective of the base of their employer/company) or work for/own a business based in Lichfield District. An award to recognise entrepreneurism at any age for men and women. These are people who:
- Demonstrate some proven sustainability for their skills/business
- Demonstrated exceptional achievements
- Have overcome obstacles and/or risen to business challenges in terms of products or ways of working
- Are a good leader and an inspiration to others
- Can demonstrate good financial performance
- Show growth potential and or future diversification
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Have engaged with their local community
- Have embraced personal skills/ technology to promote their organisation
Lichfield Shining Light –District Legacy Award ©
This award shines the spotlight on people who have made a positive difference to Lichfield District over many years or who have achieved great things to help the businesses and people of the district.
Community Hero ©.
Nominations are invited for individuals who have gone above and beyond to support Lichfield District communities
- They will have made a real difference to the emotional wellbeing of businesses or families in need and their local communities
- They may have used technologies innovatively, supported keyworkers, or supported people to stay active
- This can be an individual or a business that supports their community and goes above and beyond to help others.
- The submission should demonstrate the positive impact that has been made and feedback achieved
NormansBP and Allen Brown have kindly sponsored the Community Hero award
Charity or Social Enterprise of the Year ©
This is for organisations who are making a big difference to the lives of local people. It could be described as the company with the biggest heart through support, information or outreach it delivers, which can be financial or otherwise. Perhaps it just connects people or brings together those who would otherwise be isolated. If the organisation stopped being here how significant would the impact be?